(upbeat music) – Is this a family effort? Is it a family effort to get
Tommy dressed for the day? – [Ellie] Yes. – [Jared] Is that what’s
going on mister Tommy boy? Hi. – [Calvin] I keep falling. – [Jared] Are you feeling better today? – [Ellie] Yes. – Yes he is.
– I keep falling. – You keep falling down, show me. Whoa! Careful. You know what’s crazy,
Ellie, is that chair, that rocking chair has been in our family longer than any of these kids have. And George, awh! George is the eldest brother
in the Mecham family, and we treat George
with respect, don’t we? – Yeah.
– Yes we do. Be so careful, okay, oh, jeepers. – [Ellie] Jackson’s eating
a waffle in here, goof. – Yeah, so Tommy is
doing a lot better today. Yesterday he was kind of sad, and a little bit of the day before. He was just very attached to the things that he was holding, and to us. I think he was just feeling
a little bit of pain from the appointment that he had. But he seems to be doing
so much better now. He’s still, through some of
the tears, was still smiling, which is just like typical Tommy. He just smiles all of the time. And we love that about Tommy, don’t we? – Yeah.
– Yeah. Oh, you are so active today, aren’t you? – Yeah. – High-five. Boop! I have a little bit of an issue today. Let me fill you in. Well, actually, use your
ears real quick, listen. (engine whirring)
(door clunking) Oh-whaa. The garage is way too loud. It needs to be lubricated,
oiled or something like that. And my first thought was
WD40, that is like the, everything can be fixed
with WD40 and duct tape. But, after researching
it a little bit more there’s actually garage door lubricant that is what we need to use for this. So that’s what I’m gonna be doing. I wonder if there’s a
difference between the big door, (clunking) (engine whirring)
(door sliding) Oh, the ice got it, see, okay. Do you hear that? It’s like super quiet. And then this. (door clunking)
(door squealing) (man screaming) There’s lots of sound there, and I just, it irks me every time. So I have garage door lube, (chuckling) and I’m gonna spray this down and hopefully that will help quite a bit. (upbeat music) Alright, I’ve cleaned it up a little bit. Let’s give it a shot, take a listen. (engine whirring)
(door clunking) (door squealing) (man screaming)
– Guys, guys, guys. – Nope, nope. Darn it, I was so good at first. I’ve got more work to do. Upon closer inspection of the garage door, it’s not actually the runners that are making the sound,
it’s these guys right here, that are making the sound. So I think if I lube those,
that will solve everything. Let’s give it a test, the final test. After spraying ever single
hinge on this garage door. Three, two, one. (engine whirring)
(door sliding) (angelic music) Do you hear that? Nothing? Yes! Okay, that actually sounds so much better. Sounds a lot like, (door sliding) that one’s still a little quieter, but holy cow, it sounds
a lot better, doesn’t it. Yay! Hi boys.
(boys cooing) Do you ever find yourself, as parents, just staring at your kid? Your kids for that matter? Look how happy you guys are. I’m just sitting here and Tommy
and I are just hanging out. And then Calvin came, and I’m just like, I just can’t staring. I just love looking at you. Hey, don’t, don’t bite him, silly. (Calvin giggling) You’re so silly. Oh, it just makes me grateful, to have these boys in my life, huh. Do you know that daddy’s grateful for you? Except when you do that.
(Calvin giggling) Say bye-bye. – Jackson’s been asking
me if it’s night yet. And I just asked him, is
it okay if Calvin comes, and watches? – Why is it so stinky out there, (clapping)
all because of the horses poo. (Jared laughing)
– Yeah. That is why it’s stinky. (aaaarrrgh) Don’t do that. – [Jared] Are you excited buddy? – Yeah, are we gonna go
in the barn right away? – Yeah, let’s go look at him for a minute, do you wanna go look at him?
– ‘Kay. – [Ellie] Alright, I’ve got my old boots, Jackson has some new boots. We went and picked
those out the other day. – Mom, are those actually old?
– Yeah, mine are old. I’ve had these since high school. I wore them, like, every day
when I was in high school. Hi guys.
– Hi horsies! – This is so fun. The sun is setting. It is beautiful. I’m with my son, look at you. I can’t believe you’re five. – I’m still cold.
– Yeah, it’s cold. We’re gonna go in the arena in a minute and ride some horses. Alright, we’re staying warm in the car until she’s ready,
’cause it’s cold outside. Are you ready? Are you gonna be brave? – Yes! – I’m gonna be brave too.
– ‘Kay. – ‘Kay.
– What, you’re gonna ride one? – Yeah, I’m doin’ lessons with you! – Oh my gosh, why? – Because I wanna learn
how to ride horses. – Wow. – Wow. – Wow! – Ahhhhh! – Are you just looking at yourself? – Yeah.
(Ellie laughing) (handle clunking)
– There we go. (lively music) (Ellie laughing) – Do you see the big horse? Do you see that? (horse whickering) Say hi. What do you think? – Okay, right behind me Jackson. And this is what if you lead. – [Jared] Jackson. – [Ellie] See, I get, I’m very into it, I’m nervous right now. – [Jared] Come here. Don’t be scared. – Here we go. (upbeat music) I’m not being really nervous. – [Jared] Good job, Jackson! – [Ellie] A little faster. – [Jared] Keep going! (Jared chuckling) – Could you tell I was nervous? – [Jared] I could tell you
were a little nervous, yeah. – ‘Cause I kept telling
you I wasn’t so nervous. (Jared chuckling) – [Jared] You’re doing great, Jackson! – [Ellie] You’re doing great! Do you think I can try it again? – I’m not nervous anymore. – Good.
– Just the first time. – I did that too.
– You did? – So much better. That was just nervous at
first, (giggling) he’s so big! He’s acting like a little fly. – [Jared] Like a horse tail
getting the flies off, yeah? – [Ellie] Mm hmm. – [Jared] Are you being friendly
with the horse, Jackson? (exciting music) – They probably like being brushed. He probably likes this. See, we’re friends now.
(Jared chuckling) It took me a minute. – [Jared] Oh my goodness, Jackson. Can you believe that? – [Ellie] Atta boy! – [Trainer] Good job! – [Jared] Good job, Jackson. – He’s been like, in all
day, now, when can I ride? (Jared laughing) – [Ellie] You’re such a brave boy. – [Jared] I know, you are so brave. He said he wants to go a little faster. Jackson, good job! Did you lose a boot? (Jared chuckling) – His boot’s off! – [Jared] It must be a good time if it knocks your boots off. Oh, his other one’s
loosened too! (laughing) And there goes the other one. (chuckling) He’s barefoot. (fist smacking) Oh-wah! Hey, young man, did you
have a good first day at horse lessons? – Yeah.
– What was your favorite part? – My favorite part was riding it. – Riding it, that was really cool. You did a good job. Fist bump!
(smacking) I’m really proud of you, you did awesome. You had a great day. And I’m glad you had a
great day at horse lessons. Because not all of us had a
great day at horse lessons. And I’ll tell you why here in just a sec. Hey, did we kind of have a rough day when mommy and Jackson
were at horse lessons? – Yes.
– Yeah, it was kinda a rough day
but are you doing better? – Yeah, I’m not crying so much. – Oh I’m sorry, are you okay now? – Yes.
– Good, okay. Can I have a kiss good night?
– Yes. – Mmwah. I love you buddy.
– Love you. – Are you, hey, ohhh, you’re so sweet. You are just the sweetest
little boy, you know that? – Yes.
– I love you! (Calvin giggling) – Good night.
– Good night. – Well it was a rough
day for me and Calvin. Jackson and Ellie had a great time. But as soon as we got there, Calvin fell asleep, and he
had an accident in the car. And he was still asleep and he woke up and he was very, very upset. So I kind of popped in back and forth, trying to clean up Calvin, trying to make sure I could see Jackson, trying to take care of Tommy. So I was juggling three things all at once in total dad mode. And that’s why it was a disaster. For me anyway (chuckling). – You probably won’t come next time. – [Jared] Yeah, which
is kinda disappointing. – You really wanted to come to film – [Jared] Yeah, I wanted to
see the first time, you know? – So it’s almost midnight,
and we were going to bed, and I was, we haven’t ended the vlog! So we wanted to say, or I wanted to say, I was so scared at first, like Jackson was so
much braver than I was. But, they’re huge animals. – [Jared] Mm hmm. – I haven’t really been
around horses, and– – They can be scary!
– I just kept thinking about Penny, I’m like, okay, is it gonna flip out
in a minute, and like? – Yeah.
– I warmed up, and it was wonderful by the end. – Good.
– But I’m gonna go to bed. – Yes, and you’ll have more lessons later. – Totes.
– Alright. That’s gonna be it guys. Thanks so much for watching. And if you enjoyed the video,
give it a big thumbs up. And we’ll see you next time, bye!